A university favourite. Easy to cook, easy to make in bulk and freeze. You can easily change this recipe and add things to customise it.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 10oz Pasta
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 x Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 2 x Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 punnet x Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 3 tsp Basil
- 1/2 tsp curry powder/ 1 tsp curry paste
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (freeze into tbsp servings so it doesn’t go off)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Vegan Cashew Ricotta
- Boil pasta until cooked and drain.
- Cook garlic until lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms, cover and gently cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, basil and curry powder.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce over drained pasta and stir until well coated.
- Put pasta in baking dish, spread the Vegan Cashew Ricotta over the pasta.
- Put in the oven and bake until the cheese has hardened.
- Divide into 6 helpings.
Change up your pasta bake by adding:
- Mixed veg – carrots, peas, sweetcorn, pepper, etc.
- Grated apple
- Sundried tomato paste
- Sundried tomatoes
Love Bet x